People everywhere rely on iPhones as an invaluable way to keep track of vital information like appointments and tasks. Most users are familiar with the Notes app, which allows them to quickly jot down information for future reference. But what should happen if an important note gets accidentally or unknowingly deleted by accident? Unfortunately this happens more often than expected but don’t despair as most deleted notes can still be recovered with ease – here’s our quick guide on how to recover deleted notes on iPhone.
The iPhone Notes app provides an excellent way of quickly taking notes and reminders, but unfortunately things may go awry and they can get accidentally deleted or lost. Luckily, there are various methods available for recovering deleted Notes on iPhone, as well as offering some helpful hints that might prevent similar mishaps from happening again in future. This guide explores these approaches while offering tips to avoid similar situations from happening again just like how we recover Deleted messages from iPhone.
How Can You Verify If Your iPhone Is Connected
First, ensure your device is connected to iCloud. Using your Apple ID from when you set up your device, access iCloud Drive which serves as storage for notes saved in iCloud. If you do not already have one set up, create one before moving forward with this process.
Once your device is connected to iCloud, the next step should be logging on either to the website or app of iCloud and accessing its Drive; once there, you’ll see all your notes that have been stored there.
How to Retrieve Accidentally Deleted Files from iCloud
Accidentally deleting notes from iCloud is an unfortunate reality, and if this has happened to you, you have thirty days from its deletion to attempt recovery. To recover an accidentally-deleted note, visit the iCloud website, click on Recents tab, view documents recently deleted by you, select it from this list and click recover button before moving it back into its original place.
How to Restore Deleted Notes from iPhone Backup
- If you have backed up your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud, there is a possibility that your deleted notes might still be retrievable. Follow these steps to restore your deleted notes from a backup:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. If you have iCloud backup, skip this step.
- Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left side of the screen.
- Click “Restore Backup” on the right side of the screen.
- Choose the backup that you want to restore your iPhone from. Make sure to choose a backup that was made before the note was deleted.
- Wait for the restore process to complete, which might take some time depending on the size of the backup.
- After the restore process is complete, check if your deleted note is restored. If not, it might mean that the note was not included in the backup or that the backup is corrupted.
Tips to Avoid Losing Notes on iPhone
Prevention is always better than cure, and there are some simple steps you can take to avoid losing your important notes on your iPhone. Here are some tips:
- Backup your iPhone regularly to iCloud or iTunes.
- Use a third-party note-taking app that allows you to sync your notes to the cloud automatically.
- Avoid using third-party cleaning apps that promise to free up storage space by deleting unused files. These apps might also delete your important notes by mistake.
- If you are using the iPhone Notes app, make sure to check your “Recently Deleted” folder regularly to make sure that you haven’t accidentally deleted any important notes.
- Use a passcode or Touch ID to secure your iPhone from unauthorized access.
In conclusion, losing important notes on your iPhone can be a frustrating experience, but there are ways to recover deleted iPhone Notes. If you wish to recover images, don’t forget to read our guide on how to recover deleted images in iPhone. By following the above steps and tips, you can increase your chances of recovering deleted notes and avoid losing them in the first place.