The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G is a unique folding phone that was released in 2020. It has two separate screens on it – one that folds in the center and one on the outer part. The foldable aspect of the phone makes it stand out from other smartphones, allowing consumers to have a more unique phone experience. However, there are times when the phone runs into problems or users may want to refresh the phone’s memory. To do this, performing a software reset (aka a soft reset) can be effective.
Why Should You Soft Reset The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G?
- It allows for a refresh of the phone’s memory, which can help with performance.
- It can decrease the amount of strain on the battery of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, allowing the phone to run more efficiently.
- Resetting the phone can also help if users are having issue with their device and retrieval methods are not working.
How to Soft Reset The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G?
- First, you will need to power off your device completely. To do this, press and hold the “power” button for a few seconds. The device should power off completely.
- Once the device is powered off, press and hold the “volume up” and “Bixby/power” buttons at the same time.
- Keep pressing the two buttons until you see the Android logo on the screen.
- Once you see the Android logo, let go of the buttons.
- Now, use the volume buttons to scroll down and locate the “Wipe data/factory reset” option.
- Select the “Wipe data/factory reset” option by pressing the “power” button.
- On the next screen, select “Yes-delete all user data.”
- To confirm, once again select “Yes-delete all user data.”
- The device screen will go black and the reset process will begin.
- Once the reset is complete, the device will reboot on its own.
Remember that soft resetting your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G device can allow you to have a refreshed phone memory, increase battery life, and can solve various issues that users may encounter. Be sure to back up your data before starting up the reset process as this will erase everything on the device. Resetting the device is not something to do lightly, so make sure you really need to do it before pushing forward with the process. Following the 10 steps listed above can help you reset your device easily.