The Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro is a rugged smartphone designed for outdoor use. It is dust and water-resistant with its IP67 rating and can handle drops up to 1.5 meters without breaking. Though durable, it’s still important to know how to reset the device in case something goes wrong. Knowing how to soft reset the Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro is not only easy, but it may save you a trip to the technician if something goes wrong with your phone.
Why Soft Reset the Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro?
- Easily fix minor glitches and errors that slow down your device.
- Wipe all content from the phone if you’re selling the device or giving it to a friend.
- Remove any glitches caused by a new installation.
- Restore the phone to its factory settings.
How to Soft Reset Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro
1. Locate the device’s Power button and Volume keys
The Volume Up and Volume Down keys are on the left side of the device, and the Power button is located on the right side.
2. Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down key
Hold both buttons down for a few seconds.
3. When the Samsung logo appears, release both buttons
You’ll see a recovery menu appear that you can use to reset the device.
4. Use the Volume keys to highlight ‘Wipe All Data’
Then, press the Power button once.
5. A dialog box will appear; select ‘Yes – Delete All User data’
Do not interrupt the resetting process once it has begun.
6. Select the ‘Reboot’ option in the recovery menu once the reset is complete
The Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro will reboot and be restored to its original factory settings.
Knowing how to soft reset the Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro can benefit you in many ways. If your phone is experiencing minor glitches or errors, soft resetting can help you resolve them. Similarly, if you’re selling or giving away the device, a soft reset will wipe all of your content from the phone. Whatever your reasons may be, soft resetting your device is a quick and easy process that you can do yourself. All you need is access to the Power button and the Volume keys!