Soft resetting your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) is a great way to troubleshoot various system issues. A soft reset erases all your personal data from the device’s memory while leaving the system completely untouched. For instance, if your device is lagging or often freezes, if it’s unstable, or takes a long time to start, then a soft reset can help. Furthermore, performing a soft reset fixes minor software bugs and can also help boost the performance of your device. Thankfully, soft resetting your Samsung Galaxy J5 is surprisingly easy.
Why Do You Want To Soft Reset Your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017)?
- It can improve system performance
- It can help troubleshoot several software issues
- It can help to reboot your device while deleting any personal information
- It does not require root access nor does it void any warranties
How to Soft Reset Your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017):
- Make sure that you turn off the device completely.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for 5-7 seconds until you see the Android logo on the screen.
- Release the buttons and try to wait for the Android Recovery Menu to populate.
- You will see several options in the Android Recovery Menu (e.g. Reboot System Now, Wipe Data, Wipe Cache Partition, Apply Update From ADB etc.).
- With the help of the Volume buttons, choose the “Wipe data/factory reset” option and confirm with the “Power” button.
- At this point you will see a list with “Yes – delete all user data” option. Select that option with the “Power” button and confirm.
- Now the phone will reset successfully and you will be kicked out to the Android Recovery Menu where you can again select the “Reboot System Now” with the Volume and then press the “Power” button to reboot your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017).
Congrats! You have successfully soft reset your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017). Your device is now ready to go! It’s always advisable to check for updates after a reset. Make sure all your apps are up-to-date. If you ever decide to soft reset your device in the future, refer to this guide and you’ll be good to go.