Soft Resetting the Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus: Benefits and Instructions
The Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus is one popular entry-level android model. It is known for its beautiful, slim, and light form factor along with it decent battery life. But despite being one of the better-equipped phones in the segment, it is still not foolproof and may sometimes experience slowdowns, freezes, lag, or unresponsiveness due to an app crash or necessarily any other reason. Soft Resetting the device can help deal with these everyday issues to some extent.
Why should you Soft Reset Your Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus
There are various benefits of performing a Soft Reset on the Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus. Here are a few:
- It helps get rid of lags or freezing issues in a matter of seconds.
- Soft Reset helps clear out the system cache and fixes the “Insufficient Storage Space” issue if present.
- It resets minor and temporary software issues that may have crept in due to long use.
- Soft Reset can help improve battery life to some extent.
How to Soft Reset Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus
The Soft Reset procedure for a Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus is fairly simple and straightforward. Here are the steps that need to be followed:
- Step 1: Go to the Settings app and tap the “General Management” option.
- Step 2: Navigate to the bottom of the list and select “Reset”, followed by “Factory Data Reset”.
- Step 3: Tap on “Reset”. The device will prompt you for confirmation. Tap “Delete All” and it may ask you one more time to confirm your action.
- Step 4: The device will now start the soft reset procedure and may take several minutes.
- Step 5: Once the process is complete, it will restart and the Soft Reset would have been successful.
It is important to note that the Soft Reset will not get rid of any of your apps, data, settings, and personal information. It will only reset software anomalies that have occurred in the past.