Hard Resetting the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G is Samsung’s latest flagship foldable device and one of the most premium devices on the market. It has a unique design, with two displays, and a foldable design that allows the phone to be opened up like a book. However, with such a premium device, sometimes you need to perform a hard reset to it. This is the ultimate reset you can do to the device, wiping out all applications and settings, and restoring it back to its original factory state. In this guide, we will discuss why you should consider performing a hard reset on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G as well as how to actually go about performing the reset.
Why Should You Hard Reset Your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G?
There are several reasons to consider performing a hard reset on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G. These include:
- Reclaiming Your Device: A hard reset will remove all applications and settings, so you can start using your device fresh, and not having to drag whatever baggage it was carrying before.
- Solving Technical Issues: Technical issues can range from application hangs or crashes, to the device simply not responding. A hard reset will help you to address these technical issues, and restore your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G’s performance.
- Reinstalling The Device: Sometimes if you are selling the device, you will want to perform a hard reset to reinstall the device, so the buyer can start with a clean slate.
How to Hard Reset Your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G
In order to perform a hard reset on your device, you will need to first enter the Recovery Mode. To do this, you will need to follow these steps:
- Power Off Your Device: Firstly, hold down the Power button until you feel vibrations on your device, and will then need to release it. This will power off your device.
- Enter Recovery Mode: Now, press and hold down the Volume Up + Power button for a few seconds until you see the Samsung logo, and then release the Power button. This will open up the Recovery Mode.
- Clear Your Device: In the Recovery Mode menu, use the Volume buttons to highlight the Reset option, and press the Power button to select it. You will then be presented with a confirmation menu, and you should select ‘Yes’. This will wipe all information from your device, including settings and applications.
- Reboot: Once the reset is finished, you can reboot your device by selecting the Reboot option and then pressing the Power button. Your device will then restart back into normal mode.
Performing a hard reset on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G can help to reclaim your device, solve any technical issues you are experiencing, and also reinstall it if you are selling it. This article has outlined the steps to hard reset your device, so you should now have your Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G running in its factory state.