These days, it’s normal to keep a lot of personal data stored on our phones. However, if your Samsung Galaxy J2 is running slow, lagging, or just isn’t working properly, you may need to do a hard reset to get it to run correctly again. But resetting your device can be a bit daunting, especially if you don’t know what to expect. Fortunately, if you read this article, you’ll find out everything you need to know about how to hard reset the Samsung Galaxy J2.
Why Hard Reset Your Samsung Galaxy J2?
Here are some of the potential benefits of resetting your device:
- Accelerate performance by clearing up memory
- To restore your device to factory settings
- Remove saved passwords, messages, and contacts
- Upgrade the phone’s operating system
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy J2
Now that you know the advantages of resetting your Samsung Galaxy J2, here’s how you actually do a hard reset. To begin, follow these steps:
- Locate the “Power” key on the right edge of the phone.
- Press and hold the power key for 5-10 seconds.
- When the following menu appears on the screen, use your volume buttons to select “wipe data/factory reset”.
- Scroll down and select “Yes –delete all user data”.
- Now, simply wait for the reset process to finish. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- When it’s finished, select “Reboot system now” to restart your device.
Hard resetting your Samsung Galaxy J2 can be a daunting task. But if you follow the steps outlined in this guide, you should have no trouble performing a hard reset for the device. Hopefully, this guide has helped you understand how to reset your Samsung Galaxy J2 and get it running like new. Good luck!