Hard Resetting a Samsung Galaxy A50s
The Samsung Galaxy A50s is a powerful Android-powered smartphone that offers users a range of features and a sleek design. Yet, due to the large amount of data stored on the device, a problem can arise that requires a hard reset. There is no one-size-fits-all method for resetting the device, so it is important to understand exactly what a hard reset is, why you should do it, and how to effectively complete the process.
Why Should You Hard Reset an A50s?
- To eradicate malicious software and viruses.
- To restore the device to factory settings.
- To fix a broken or malfunctioning Galaxy A50s that unexpectedly shut down or won’t open applications.
- To remove personal data and contents such as messages, photos, apps, etc.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy A50s:
- The first step in hard resetting the Samsung Galaxy A50s is to back up all data on the device. All applications, photos, videos, messages, and items stored on the device should be stored on an external source, such as a computer or cloud storage.
- On the Galaxy A50s, navigate to the Settings menu and select Backup and Reset. Select “Factory Data Reset” and then “Reset Device”.
- If you have a Samsung account, select the “Delete All” option to delete all data from the device.
- Select the “Erase Internal Storage” option if you do not have a Samsung account.
- Upon completion, the Samsung Galaxy A50s will reboot and will be restored to the original factory settings.
- You can then beginning the process of restoring backed up data, apps, contacts, music, and videos to the device.
Hard resetting a Samsung Galaxy A50s can be a daunting task, but with the right know-how, it can be a quick and successful process. Before initiating this process, it is important to back up all data since a hard reset will permanently delete all of the contents stored on the device. Then, by navigating the Settings menu and choosing “Factory Data Reset” and “Reset Device”, the user is able to easily clean their device of all stored data. With the Samsung Galaxy A50s all cleaned up and restored to factory settings, the device can be used again like new.