Why You Should Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G
Factory resetting or hard resetting your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G is a last resort when troubleshooting software and OS issues. This process quite literally wipes your phone clean and resets it back to factory settings, getting rid of any corrupt files, user data, apps, and more. But what is a factory reset and how do you go about performing it on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G? In this guide, we’ll tell you everything you need to know to properly factory reset your stunning sleek flip phone.
- To free up storage: If you’re running out of space and you’ve moved all the photos and videos to your computer, doing a factory reset clears up your phone’s internal memory.
- To clear out bloatware: When you buy a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G it may come with pre-installed superfluous apps. A factory reset will remove all of these (as well as any downloaded apps).
- To remove personal information: If you’re selling, giving away, or returning the device, it’s a good idea to wipe all your private data away by doing a factory reset.
- To fix OS/software issues: Sluggish apps, an unresponsive user interface, or persistent bugs all point to software issues, which a factory reset may be able to fix.
How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Go to the home screen and tap on the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on the General Management tab.
- Tap on Reset.
- Select the Factory Data Reset option.
- Scroll down and read the warning.
- Tap on Reset and enter your PIN or password if prompted.
- Tap on the Delete All button.
- Wait for your phone to reset back to its factory settings – this may take anywhere from several minutes to as long as an hour.
Your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G will now be reset to its factory settings. Make sure you’re fully backed up beforehand, as all photos, data, and apps will be lost once the reset is completed. Keep in mind that you’ll need to reset your display settings, put in your email password, and log onto any app or services afterwards. With this guide, you now know how to properly factory reset your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G. Enjoy!