It is essential to back up the data of a device regularly. Keeping that in mind, for the purpose of security and performance, it becomes important to reset – factory reset or hard reset in case of an Android phone – the device from time to time. Here’s the guide to help you reset the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4s with ease.
Why Should You Factory Reset?
- To increase the performance of the device
- To get rid of data related to previous users
- To boost the battery life
- To repair the phone in case of software issues
- To eradicate the previously installed apps or bloatware
- To get rid of confidential information
- To get rid of viruses and malware
How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4s
Before you start the process, it is highly recommended that you backup your data. There are two ways to factory reset a Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4s device.
1 – Factory Reset Through ‘Settings Menu’
- Open the settings menu on your device
- Scroll down and tap on General Management
- Select Reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Click the Reset button
- Once the process is complete, select Reboot now to complete the process
2 – Factory Reset from ‘Recovery Mode’
- Turn off your device
- Simultaneously press and hold Volume Down + Home button and press Power Button until you see the recovery mode menu on the screen.
- Navigate through Volume keys to select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and press ‘Power button’
- The system will pop up a warning window. Select yes to confirm the process.
- Click on ‘reboot system now’
- When you see it has rebooted, your Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4s device has been factory reset successfully.
Factory resetting an Android device may seem a daunting task for some. However, by following the steps in this article, it doesn’t have to be a scary procedure. It is essential to back up data regularly and it is also equally important to reset the device from time to time for the purpose of security as well as the performance of the device. Follow this guide and you’ll be able to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4s with ease!