Are you having issues with your Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite? Are you concerned that a factory reset is your only option to address these issues? Resetting the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite to its factory defaults is an effective way to troubleshoot any common issues you may be experiencing. Factory resets are great for relieving the device of excess baggage of any unnecessary data that may have been accumulating over time and can help you start afresh with the device. There are a few methods to do a factory reset of your device, and the best option depends on your device’s operational state.
Why Should You Reset Your Galaxy S10 Lite?
There are several benefits to factory resetting your Galaxy S10 Lite. These include:
- Clearing Out any Possibility of Malware: by doing a full factory reset, any suspicious activity on the device will be removed.
- To Increase the Bit Rate of the Device: a slower and slower device is expected as time goes by. Clearing the cache and resetting your device can improve the bit rate.
- Freeing up space: deleting all unnecessary junk and duplicate files can free up much-needed storage space.
- A Clean Slate for a Fresh Start: a great way to reboot your device for a new start.
How to Factory Reset Your Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
When it comes to resetting your Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, there are two different methods you can use. First, the traditional factory reset, and second, via recovery mode. Both methods offer the same results – a fully reset device. We’ll look at both methods so you can choose which one works best for you.
1. Traditional Factory Reset
This is the method you’d use if you were able to switch your device on and access the Settings app. To begin:
- Go to the Home Screen, tap on the Settings app.
- Tap on the General Management option
- Select Reset
- Choose the Factory Data Reset option
- Select Reset
- Enter and confirm your device’s PIN
- Tap on Delete All
2. Factory Reset Through Recovery Mode
If you’re unable to access settings or your device is not responding, the only option you have is to reset it via recovery mode. To factory reset through recovery mode:
- Switch the device off
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Up, Power, and Home buttons until the recovery mode menu appears
- Once recovery mode appears, use the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to navigate through the options menu
- Choose the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option
- Select Yes
- The reset process will now begin
- Select Reboot once the reset has finished
Once completed, your Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite will be completely reset to its factory settings. From here, you can set up your device as a new device or restore an old backup. A factory reset can be a useful tool for troubleshooting and refreshing the device. Before you reset your device, consider taking a backup of your data first. This way you can restore all your data after the reset. Be sure to check that you have all the necessary log-in details to access your accounts and settings before resetting.