Factory Resetting a Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562
The Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 is an Android smartphone released by Samsung in 2012. It boasts a 5MP rear camera and a 832MHz processor. Although the device is still a quality mobile phone, over time it may suffer from various problems, ranging from software issues to corrupted files. For these problems, a factory reset can be beneficial.
Why Perform a Factory Reset?
There are a number of reasons why a factory reset may be beneficial in restoring an Android device to its original state.
- Speed up performance: Factory resetting can help improve the performance of an older device, as it will clear all stored data and revert the settings back to the manufacturer’s settings.
- Removal of malware: A factory reset may also be beneficial in eliminating any malicious hidden applications, as the device will be wiped clean.
- Fixing hardware issues: In some cases, a factory reset may help repair any physical damage done to the device, such as faulty buttons or damaged ports.
- Selling device: Lastly, a factory reset should be done when selling a device as this will clear all the user data from the device.
How to Factory Reset a Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562
- On the home screen, tap the Menu button, and select Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Backup & Reset.
- Tap Factory Data Reset and select Reset device.
- Tap Erase everything to confirm.
- Once complete, select the Reboot system now option to restart the device.
After the restart your device, it will be back to its original settings. All user data will be gone and it will be like the day you first unboxed it.