The Samsung Galaxy M04 is a powerful and reliable Android smartphone with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. It offers an improved processor for faster user experience and an expansive display for optimized viewing. As great as it is, you may be looking to reset your phone back to its original factory settings for a number of reasons such as selling your phone, getting rid of a virus, or if it has been malfunctioning. This guide will take you through the steps required to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy M04.
Why Should You Perform a Factory Reset?
- Boosts performance- Over time, your phone will start to slow down as it becomes cluttered with applications and data. Resetting it back to factory settings will delete these files, leaving your phone as good as new.
- Resolve screen issues- Screen issues such as flickering or discoloration may be caused by an old version of the operating system that has been installed. A factory reset gives you the latest version of the operating system, which may help to solve this issue.
- Enhances security- Hackers can gain access to your device if you have an outdated OS and security patch. Resetting your device to factory settings is the only way to ensure that your phone is completely isolated from any potential security breaches.
How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy M04 (6GB RAM + 128GB)
- Open the Settings menu on your Galaxy M04 by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping on the cog icon.
- Scroll down and select ‘General Management’ from the list.
- Tap ‘Reset’ and select ‘Factory Data Reset’.
- You will now see all of the data and applications on your device that will be affected by a factory reset. Scroll down and read through the list to ensure that you don’t want to keep any of the files.
- Once you’re sure you don’t want to keep any of the data, tap the ‘Reset’ button.
- You will be given one more warning to reiterate that all of the data and settings will be lost. Tap ‘Delete All’ to proceed with the factory reset.
- Your Galaxy M04 will now start to clean up and restore the operating system back to its factory settings.
- Once it has finished, you will be taken to the welcome screen where you can finalise setting up your device.
By following the simple steps in this guide, you’ll be able to reset your Samsung Galaxy M04 to its original factory settings and enjoy all the benefits of having a fresh device. Whether you’re trying to reset for the purpose of security, performance or just a refresh, following this guide should get your Galaxy M04 ready to take on whatever you have in store for it.