Resetting the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) to its factory default settings is an essential maintenance procedure for every mobile device user. This process, also known as ‘factory reset’ or ‘hard reset’, erases the memory of the device and all its contents and makes it resemble a brand new device. The benefits of performing a factory reset on your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) include the removal of personal data, the ability to correct slow device performance, the eradication of viruses, and the improvement of device security.
Why Should You Factory Reset Your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017)?
There are many advantages to factory resetting your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017):
- Removal of personal data: Resets your device back to its default settings, clearing out any personal files, settings, and data that you have stored on the device.
- Improves slow performance: If your device has been slowing down, performing a reset can clear unnecessary data and free up memory.
- Destroys malicious software: Performance issues can sometimes be caused by viruses or malware so resetting your device can be an effective way of eliminating any malicious activity.
- Enhances device security: Resetting your device not only boosts its performance, it can also strengthen its security.
How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017)
The process of resetting your device is simple and straightforward. Here’s how you can easily reset your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017):
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to the Backup and Reset option on the Device tab.
- Select the Reset option.
- Tap Factory Data Reset.
- Confirm that you want to erase all data by tapping Reset Device.
- Enter your security PIN or pattern if prompted.
- Choose Erase Everything.
Once the reset is complete, you will be returned to the default settings of your phone. Your device will be as good as new.