Why You Should Factory Reset Your Samsung Galaxy A70s
While there are many benefits of factory resetting your Samsung Galaxy A70s, the primary ones are as follows:
- Clearing memory and storage: By resetting the phone to its factory settings, you can free up considerable memory and storage. This can make your phone faster and improve its performance.
- Get Rid of Viruses and Malware: Factory resetting will delete all viruses and malware from your device as the entire system is wiped and all the apps, including the infected ones, get removed from the device.
- Solve Overheating, Unresponsive, and Frozen Screen Issues: Overheating, Unresponsive, and Frozen Screen Issues can be solved by factory resetting your Samsung Galaxy A70s as the phone will get reloaded with a fresh system.
- Reset Forgotten Password: You can use the factory reset option to get rid of the forgotten passwords.
How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy A70s
Now that you understand the benefits of a factory reset, let’s move on to the steps for actually performing the reset on the Samsung Galaxy A70s. Here is what you need to do:
- Step 1: Backup Your Data: Before you go ahead and reset your Samsung Galaxy A70s, it is essential to back up your data in case you need it later. This can be done by using the ‘smart switch’ application from Samsung or any reliable backup tool.
- Step 2: Go to Settings: Once the backup is done, go to Settings in your Samsung Galaxy A70s. Here, tap on ‘General Management’ followed by ‘Reset’.
- Step 3: Select Erase All Data: This will take you to the ‘Erase All Data’ page where you need to tap ‘Factory Data Reset’.
- Step 4: Confirm Your Choice: A confirmation window will appear informing you that all data on the device will be erased, including the internal storage, content, media, downloads, contacts, messages, and images. Once you tap ‘reset’, the factory reset process will begin.
- Step 5: Wait for the Reset to Finish: The reset process can take a few minutes, so you just have to be patient while it completes. The device will automatically restart at the completion of the reset process.
That’s it! You have now learned how to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy A70s. Once the phone restarts, you will have to set it up again just like you did when you first got the phone. It is worth mentioning that after the reset the device may become a bit slow. This is because it has to re-index all the data again, which can take some time. As long as you remember to back up your data beforehand, you will face no issues.