Enable Developer Options on the Samsung Galaxy J7
The Samsung Galaxy J7 is a smartphone designed by Samsung to succeed its Galaxy J2 line of products. Android 6.0 “Marshmallow” was the first version of Android shipped with the J7, and while it offers some of the best features of Android, it can be improved further with Developer Options. Enabling Developer Options can allow you to do things like speed up animations, change app behavior, and more. In this guide, we’ll show you how to enable Developer Options on the Samsung Galaxy J7.
Why Enable Developer Options?
Developer Options on your Samsung Galaxy J7 can unlock some of the full potential of the device. Here are some of the advantages of enabling the Developer Options:
- Unlock hidden features
- Tweak performance settings
- Root the phone
- Flash custom ROMs
- Overclock CPU
- Enable OEM unlocking
- Allow USB debugging
How to Enable Developer Options in Samsung Galaxy J7
Enabling Developer Options in Samsung Galaxy J7 is not a time-consuming process, and just a few steps need to be followed. Here’s how to enable Developer Options on the Samsung Galaxy J7:
- Go to the home screen of your Samsung Galaxy J7, and open the Settings app from the Quick Settings drop-down menu or the App drawer.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings list and look for “About Phone” (or “About Device”) and tap on it.
- Scroll down to the bottom until you find a section called “Build number” and tap on it seven times quickly.
- After tapping on it seven times, a message will appear on the screen telling you that “you are now a developer.”
- Go back to the main Settings page and scroll down until you find the “Developer Options” and tap on it.
- The Developer Options will now appear on your Samsung Galaxy J7.
- You can toggle the “Developer Options” feature from the top-right corner.
- If you want to disable Developer Options, simply go to the Developer Options and toggle the “Developer Options” to Off.
Developer Options is a powerful tool on the Samsung Galaxy J7, and it can do a lot of things. If you enable it properly, you can unlock features, tweak hidden options, overclock the CPU, enable OEM unlocking, and more. We hope that you now know how to enable Developer Options on the Samsung Galaxy J7.