Booting Into Safe Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S20 Lite
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Lite, a relatively new phone on the smartphone market, is one of the more powerful and popular devices out there. It offers great performance and a large display, but at times, it might need a bit of help from a factory reset or a safe mode boot. This guide will help you understand the different ways of how to boot into Safe Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S20 Lite, as well as the benefits and implications of doing so.
Why Use Safe Mode?
- It’s useful if your device is unresponsive or is experiencing unexpected freezing or crashing.
- Booting into safe mode can help to identify any third-party apps installed on your device that may be causing instability or issues.
- Boot in safe mode can help you access the phone to determine whether it has an issue with hardware or with a specific app.
- Safe mode requires less user input and setup than a factory reset procedure.
How to Boot into Safe Mode in Samsung Galaxy S20 Lite
- Start by pressing and holding the power button on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Lite for a few seconds.
- After powering up your device, you’ll want to let go of the power button and then long-press the volume down key for a few seconds.
- You’ll then be prompted with a menu that contains the following options, from which you’ll select “safe mode” by using the volume key
- Power off
- Safe mode
- Tap the Power button to boot into safe mode.
- You’ll be greeted by a confirmation message on the screen that reads “safe mode”.
- You’re now running in safe mode! To turn off safe mode, simply hold down the same buttons you used to enter safe mode (power and volume down) and highlight “restart” or “power off”.
Whether it’s a hardware or software issue, booting your Samsung Galaxy S20 Lite into safe mode can help you identify the root cause of the problem and resolve it quickly. Isolated from any third-party apps, safe mode allows you to determine which as unwanted and interfering apps so that you can delete or uninstall them. This guide should help you understand the different ways of how to boot into safe mode on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Lite, as well as the benefits and cautionary implications of doing so.