The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G is a cutting-edge foldable Android smartphone. It packs a lot of features into its unique form factor, and is capable of doing much more than merely displaying two phones on a single device. It has its own bootloader and recovery mode too which can be accessed in order to perform a variety of actions including flashing a custom ROM, installing a custom recovery, or even unlocking the bootloader.
Why Should you Enter Recovery Mode?
Recovery mode offers many advantages to users including:
- Installing a Custom Recovery: If you want to install a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM, then you can use the recovery mode to do this.
- Unbrick a Phone: If your phone is stuck in a bootloop or is otherwise not working properly, you can enter recovery mode and perform a factory reset to restore its default settings.
- Flash Custom ROMs and other Mods: Recovery mode is the place where you can flash various system mods like custom ROMs, kernels, and even perform root access to your phone.
- More Advanced Features: Recovery mode also offers a few more advanced features that can be useful in some cases such as wiping a partition, advanced system formatting, etc.
How to Boot into Recovery Mode in Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to boot into recovery mode on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G:
- Turn off your device and hold down the Power, Volume Up and Down keys simultaneously.
- Keep holding down the buttons until the Galaxy Z Flip 5G logo appears on the screen.
- When the logo is shown, release all buttons and immediately press the Volume Up key. This will take you to the Android system recovery mode.
- Use the Volume Up and Down keys to navigate the menus and then press the Power key to select the option.
- Once you are in the main recovery menu, use the Volume Down key to highlight the “Reboot to Bootloader” option.
- Press the Power key to select the option and then wait for the device to reboot to the bootloader.
- Once you are in the bootloader, you will see a list of all available recovery options.
- Use the Volume Down key to highlight the “Reboot to Recovery” option and then select it with the Power key.
- Wait for the device to reboot and you will be taken into the recovery mode.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G has its own recovery mode that can be accessed in order to perform a variety of advanced features. We’ve explained how you can easily boot into the recovery mode of your device and the various things that you can do with it. It is highly recommended that you make use of it in order to keep your device up-to-date and secure.