Have you ever wanted to know how to boot into Recovery Mode in Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus? Well, here’s everything you need to know to do so! The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus features a 6GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage to provide you with a great user experience. It also has the latest Android software and powerful reserves of performance.
Why of Booting into Recovery Mode
The Recovery Mode is one of the best features of any Android device, as it can help you troubleshoot several issues, protect data, update your software, and dozens of other functions. Here are a few of the main reasons why you would want to boot into the Recovery Mode:
- Troubleshoot several issues: If you’re experiencing a malfunctioning or misbehaving phone that has no clear signs then it might be best to boot into Recovery Mode to see if you can spot the issue.
- Installing OTA updates: Over-the-air (OTA) updates are much faster and secure than manual updates, and they require you to boot into Recovery Mode to perform the installation.
- Performing factory resets: You should always perform a factory reset if you’re selling or transferring your Galaxy S8 Plus device. It’s also a useful way to reset errant and unreliable parameters.
- Upgrading Android version: If you want to upgrade your Android version on your Galaxy S8 Plus device then you’ll need to boot into Recovery Mode as well.
- Flashing custom firmware and kernels: Custom ROMs and kernels aren’t officially supported on the Galaxy S8 Plus, but you’ll need Boot Mode to go about the process since it involves installing several OTA updates.
How to Boot into Recovery Mode in Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
Now that you know the several uses of Recovery Mode, here’s how you can turn on the mode and utilize it. The steps are fairly straight-forward but make sure to complete the procedure with utmost attention so as to avoid inviting further complications.
- Turn off your Galaxy S8 Plus first.
- Press and hold down the Volume Up, Bixby, and Power buttons simultaneously. When you press the power button don’t release all three buttons; just press and hold them.
- After a few seconds, the Galaxy S8 Plus will enter Recovery Mode.
- You will now be able to navigate using the Volume Up and Down buttons, and make selections with the Power button.
- When you’re done performing the necessary operations, use the “Reboot System Now” option from the menu to restart your device.
It’s clear that the Recovery Mode offers several useful tools for the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and other similar Android devices. Boot into the mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Bixby, and Power buttons. Once you reach the main menu, you can use the Volume and Power buttons to select the options of your choice. Perform whatever operations you need and you can exit the Recovery Mode using the “Reboot System Now” option.