For many Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) users, being able to boot into Recovery Mode has proved to be immensely useful. However, depending on whether your J5 is the 2017 version or the 2018 version, the process for entering Recovery Mode on the phone may differ. This article will be specifically examining the process for entering Recovery Mode on the 2017 version of the Samsung Galaxy J5.
Benefits of Recovery Mode
Recovery Mode is a specially designed boot option for Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) smartphones that allows users to do any of the following:
- Flash updated firmware or boot images
- Wipe cache partition
- Back up/restore data
- Factory reset the device
- Install custom ROMs
How to Boot into Recovery Mode in Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017)
- Begin the boot procedure by switching off your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017).
- Press and hold the Volume Up Button and the Home Key simultaneously.
- Hold these buttons until you see the Samsung logo appear.
- Release the Volume Up and Home Button as soon as you see the logo appear.
- Now press and hold the Power Button.
- The Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) will now boot into Recovery Mode.
- Upon entering Recovery Mode you will be able to explore the available options using the volume up and down arrow keys.
- Press the Power button to navigate.
Congratulations! You have now successfully booted your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) into Recovery Mode. Using this mode, you can flash custom ROMs, wipe cache partition, factory reset your device, back up/restore data and much more.