What is Recovery Mode?
Recovery mode is a special feature of Android-based devices that provides users with targeted methods to manage or modify the device. By booting the device into this mode, you can get access to features and settings that are otherwise inaccessible via the standard Android user interface.
Why Should I Boot into Recovery Mode?
Recovery mode can be a useful tool for fixing or troubleshooting any issues you may be facing on your Samsung Galaxy J2 Core (2020). Here are some key reasons you should boot into recovery mode:
- Restore your device to its factory defaults
- Erase all data on your device
- Install over-the-air updates
- Update the OS of the device
- Perform deeper maintenance-related tasks
- Unlock features offered by the device
- Use alternative operating systems
- Allow access to alternative kernels
How to Boot into Recovery Mode on Samsung Galaxy J2 Core (2020)?
1. Press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
2. After few seconds, the logo of the device will appear, and you’ll be taken to the recovery screen automatically.
3. If the logo appears but you don’t reach the recovery screen, try releasing the buttons and pressing them again.
Once you’ve reached the recovery screen, you’ll be presented with several options; select the options using the volume buttons and press the power button to confirm your selection. From this menu, you can perform a variety of maintenance tasks, depending on what you need to do. Most of the time, you’ll be performing a factory reset. To do this, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset, then confirm by pressing the power button. You’ll then need to confirm a few things, then the phone will start erasing all of the data and bringing it back to its default factory settings.
At the end of the process, you’ll be able to turn your device back on and select the language, timezone, Google account, and so on, as if you were performing the initial setup of the device.
Booting into recovery mode on the Samsung Galaxy J2 Core (2020) can provide you with many useful features to customize or troubleshoot your device. Although the process may seem intimidating at first, with the help of this guide you should have no issue entering recovery mode at any time. As long as you understand the features offered in the Recovery Mode, you should have a much better experience of your Samsung Galaxy J2 Core (2020).