What is Bootloader Mode?
Bootloader mode, also known as fastboot mode, is a special mode on Android devices that allows users to access low-level system partitions, such as the boot partition, to perform advanced tasks such as flashing ROMs or unlocking/relocking the bootloader. Booting into bootloader mode gives users access to a variety of features, such as the ability to flash custom ROMs, flash custom recoveries, and back up their device’s data.
Why Boot into Bootloader Mode?
Here are some of the benefits of booting into bootloader mode:
- Unlocking/Relocking Bootloader: Unlocking/relocking your bootloader allows you to modify the partition in which the operating system loads and runs, allowing you to customise the OS to your liking.
- Flashing Custom ROMs: This is a great feature for tinkering with your device. Flashing custom ROM gives more control over the phone’s firmware and allows you to personalize the OS.
- Flashing Custom Recoveries: Installing a custom recovery, such as TWRP, on your device gives you the ability to make complete backups of your device and install custom ROMs.
- Nandroid Backup: Nandroid backups allow you to make a complete backup of all of the data on your device. This is useful if you need to restore your phone to its factory settings or make a backup copy of your current setup.
How to Boot into Bootloader Mode
Booting into bootloader mode on a Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime is fairly straightforward. Here’s how to do it:
- Press and hold both Volume Up and Down Keys simultaneously.
- Press and hold the Power Button until the device vibrates and turns on.
- Release the Power Button and continue to hold both Volume Up and Down Keys.
- You will now see a menu with several options. The first option is usually “Reboot to Bootloader”.
- Select this option by pressing the Volume Down Key until it is highlighted, and press the Volume Up Key to select it.
- Your device will now enter into bootloader mode. You will now be able to connect it to your computer in order to flash a custom ROM or recovery.
Congratulations! You have now successfully booted your Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime into bootloader mode. Booting into this special mode lets you modify the software of your device in a variety of ways. If you ever need to restore your device to its factory settings or flash a custom ROM, booting into bootloader mode will be necessary.