Entering the Bootloader Mode on Samsung Galaxy A20
For most of us, using an Android smartphone device has become a necessity in today’s world. On the other hand, sometimes we may encounter our smartphones facing various technical issues or malfunctions. For troubleshooting such issues, the bootloader mode on our Android device can come in handy.
Why Should We Enter the Bootloader Mode?
The bootloader mode can be used for a number of functions. These are the primary uses of bootloader mode:
- Recovering forgotten login passwords
- Unlocking the phone if you forget the pattern/pin
- Easy installation of custom ROM
- Installing official updates
- Flashing the device or recovery etc.
How to Boot Into Bootloader Mode in Samsung Galaxy A20
The process of accessing the bootloader mode on the Samsung Galaxy A20 is different depending on the method you follow. Here are the three main methods of booting into bootloader mode on Samsung Galaxy A20.
Using ADB (Android Debug Bridge) is a great way to enter into the bootloader mode on Samsung Galaxy A20. This method requires a working USB cable and a Windows PC. Follow these steps to enter into the bootloader mode with ADB:
- Download and install the latest version of Android Studio on your PC.
- Download and install appropriate USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy A20 on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging is turned on by navigating to Developer Settings in your phone’s Settings app.
- Connect your phone to the PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- On your Windows PC, press “Windows + R” keys and type “cmd” then press enter.
- Navigate to Android Studio’s bin directory using the cmd window.
- Run the command “adb reboot bootloader”
Your Samsung Galaxy A20 phone will now enter into the bootloader mode.
Using the Buttons
This method of entering the bootloader mode does not require a PC or USB cable. Just follow these steps:
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy A20 smartphone completely.
- After some time, press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys simultaneously.
- After a few seconds, the bootloader mode screen will appear on the screen of your Samsung Galaxy A20.
Using the App
You can also enter into the bootloader mode using an app. Here is how to do it:
- Download and install the Quick Boot app from the Google Play Store.
- On the main screen of the app, select the “Bootloader” option.
- Your phone will restart and enter into the bootloader mode.
Booting into the bootloader mode on your Samsung Galaxy A20 can be a beneficial process in some situations. With this guide, you can use any of these three methods (ADB, buttons, or app) to enter the bootloader mode. We hope that this guide was useful to you and we wish you the best of luck!